The protection of privacy, personal data and their transparent and complete treatment are essential values for the entire Mecwide Group, in line with the vision and objective of acting responsibly in the area in which it operates and in the relationships with its employees, clients and providers.
For this reason, all companies that make up the Mecwide Group process personal data based on the following principles:
- The processing of personal data is carried out in a lawful, fair and transparent way;
- The respective collection is carried out only for duly determined, explicit and legitimate purposes, in accordance with the legislation applicable;
- The data collected are limited to what is strictly essential and for the time necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- Only workers, employees and partners of the Group whose roles so require have access to the personal data processed;
- Personal data are treated confidentially.
1. Personal Data
In accordance with the provisions of data protection legislation, personal data are any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (the data subject). A natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier, such as a name, an identification number, location data, electronic identifiers or to one or more specific elements of the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
2. Processing of personal data
a) Conditions for treatment
The companies that make up the Mecwide Group will only process personal data if one of the conditions set out in the data protection legislation is met, namely:
- If the processing of personal data is necessary for the execution of a contract to which the data subject is a party, or for pre-contractual steps at the request of the data subject;
- When the treatment is necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation to which the Mecwide Group is subject;
- If the processing is necessary to ensure the legitimate interests of the Mecwide Group.
- If the data subject has given his consent for the processing of his personal data.
b) Data controller
The data controller will be the Mecwide Group company with which the data subjects relate.
c) Period for retention of personal data
In line with the aforementioned principles, the personal data processed by the Mecwide Group are kept for the time strictly necessary for the purposes for which they were collected, or for the period provided for in the applicable legal framework, if longer. These periods are determined on the basis of information retention criteria defined and appropriate for each treatment and respecting the legal and regulatory obligations imposed to the Group.
3. Rights of the data subject
The Mecwide Group ensures that the data subject can use the rights conferred to him by the legislation on data protection (and always provided that he complies with the legal framework for data protection and other legislation applicable on a case-by-case basis), namely:
- Right of access to personal data: data subject can obtain confirmation of whether their personal data are processed and access information about themselves;
- Right of correction: the data subject can request its correction or that they be completed;
- Right to erasure: the data subject may request that his/her personal data be erased in certain situations: (i) if the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or processed, (ii) if the data subject withdraws the consent on which the data processing is based and there is no other legal basis for it, (iii) if the data subject opposes the processing and there are no prevailing legitimate interests, (iv) if the personal data have been processed unlawfully, (v) if the personal data has to be erased under a legal obligation or (vi) if the personal data have been collected in the context of the provision of information society services;
- Right to limitation of treatment: data subject has the right to request the limitation of its treatment when (i) it disputes its accuracy and for a period of time that allows its accuracy to be verified, (ii) it considers that the treatment is unlawful, (iii) if the data are no longer necessary for the purposes of processing, but such data are necessary for the purposes of declaring, exercising or defending a right in a judicial proceeding or (iv) if the data subject has submitted opposition to processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest;
- Right to data portability: when the processing is based on consent or the execution of a contract and is carried out by automated means, the holder of personal data may request the delivery, in a structured format, commonly used and machine-readable, of the personal data concerning you and which you have provided, as well as requesting that personal data be transmitted to another controller, provided that this is technically possible;
- Right of opposition: data subject has the right to oppose the processing at any time when: i) the processing is carried out for purposes other than those for which the data were collected or (ii) even when the processing is based on the legitimate interest of the person responsible for the processing;
- Right not to be subject to exclusively automated individual decisions: in certain situations, the data subject has the right to request human intervention when decisions are made based on exclusively automated processing;
- Right to withdraw consent: the data subject has the right to withdraw the consent he has given for the processing of his personal data;
- Right to complain before the National Data Protection Commission on any matters related to the processing of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of the aforementioned rights or clarify issues related to the protection of privacy and personal data by the Mecwide Group, you can do so by letter or email to the contacts indicated in paragraph 6.
4. Safety Measures
The companies that make up the Mecwide Group have at their disposal safety, technical and organizational measures that guarantee the protection of personal data against breaches (security breaches that accidentally or illicitly cause destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or access, unauthorized, to personal data transmitted, stored or subjected to any other type of treatment) and against any other form of unlawful treatment.
The commitment taken on in the protection of personal data also implies that, whenever personal data are transmitted to other entities, they are forced to adopt technical and organizational measures that guarantee the same level of protection.
5. Communication of personal data to other organizations
In the exercise of their activity, the companies that make up the Mecwide Group may have to communicate or give access to their personal data to other organizations, always ensuring that they present technical and organizational measures that adequately protect personal data.
Personal data will only be accessed or shared with the following entities:
- Companies belonging to the Mecwide Group;
- Customers of Mecwide Group companies;
- Entities that provide services to the Group, in matters, for example, of IT support, document management, legal support, human resources;
- Public authorities (e.g., the Portuguese Tax and Customs Authority).
If you wish, you can access detailed information on privacy and processing of personal data, for this purpose and others related to the protection of personal data, through:
Address: Rua do Assento nº 248, 4755-551 Vila Seca
Phone: +351 253 837 501
Joana Pontes Graça